WordPress Do’s & Dont’s
May 6th, 2012
- Backup any important files before editing or updating anything.
- Optimize graphics before uploading.
- Keep your plugins to a relative minimum. You don’t want to cut into the functionality of your site but keep in mind that plugins for your front end can add to load times. Keep what you need and think hard about the rest.
- Try to learn how to make basic edits to your site. It’s pretty easy to make or edit pages and will save you hassle in the long run.
- Read a tutorial or two. If you don’t know how to do something, you can research it. Google is your friend
- Backup your site from time to time.
- Keep all your important files on your computer. Don’t delete pictures, graphics, theme files or plugins as you may need them again.
- Don’t update anything without checking it will be compatible with the the rest of your site and it’s plugins/customizations.
- Mess around in the theme or plugin editor functions unless you really, really know what you are doing.
- Post something you don’t want to follow you for eternity.